Influence and Persuade your Audience Course Melbourne
Length of course: 1 day
Duration: 9.30 – 4.30pm
Investment: $572 incl. GST OR 3 Monthly Instalments of $191 incl. GST
Location: Brisbane and Sydney
Number of participants: up to 25
Learn techniques to confidently persuade and engage any audience, any size
This course is also available in-house. Phone: 03 9877 6246 or 0403 185 782 or email Sarah
Come to this course and learn high-performance behaviours for how to build your confidence, and influence and persuade your audience so you can achieve your business goals. Sarah has worked with 1000’s of business professionals, entrepreneurs, academics, managers and leaders, right up to C suite level.
- Bring along your own work presentation(s) to refine during the course
- Identify your own communication style and gain ideas on how to work with it to get better results – and what NOT to do
- How to win people over to your ideas – whether that’s clients, co-workers or upper management
- Techniques are all research-based and proven with over 1000 business clients over the past 8 years
- Use these tools and techniques in many different situations: 1:1, in meetings, pitching, small and large groups
- Be coached ‘in the moment’ so you learn and embed in real time – and create an action plan for long-term gain
- Comprehensive handouts to take away
- All the tools have been designed – and refined – to be remembered and useful for every presentation you make in the future
- An atmosphere where I promise you’ll enjoy yourself!
There are four main areas of focus, delivered through my CERT model:
1. Control: Build confidence and comfort; dealing with nerves and self-consciousness (if this applies to you). Communicate clearly and calmly and avoid rambling or mind-blanks
2. Engagement: Own the space – deliver with impact, authentically. Persuade: sell your ideas effectively. Build presence, trust and authority
3. Relevance: know what motivates your audience, and how to tailor your material to convince and win them over
4. Trustworthiness: how to gain the trust of any audience, and increase your ability to influence
I’m a certified trainer, with my TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. I’m also a member of the Institute of Learning Professionals (ILP). I also have over 60 recommendations on LinkedIn: view my profile here.
“Sarah makes public speaking fun – everyone can do it – she is very professional, approachable, supportive; it’s been a wonderful experience. It’s human – real – real content for real people.” – Raine Forrest, Telstra
“Sarah takes her participants on a journey which allows them to play out different styles of structure and techniques in a non-judging environment. Benefits: increased reassurance; greater awareness/perception; clearer communication. Sarah has sensational insights, ability to let conversation run, and just a great operator.” – Ben, ANZ banking
More client comments here
You’ll be given clear systems to:
- understand your own presentation personality and how best to work with it (you won’t be forced into any stylistic ‘box’!)
- gain stronger presence and charisma: own the space (even if you’re naturally shy or introverted)
- deliver dynamically and flexibly, and enhance your vocal presence: how to work with your voice
- act like a leader on stage
- refine your storytelling for maximum impact, without rambling or uncertainty over what to add or subtract
- use two specific social relatedness models to build high levels of audience connection and engagement
- understand how the best presenters create and deliver their presentations (I show you how they do it, so you can replicate what appeals to you)
How is this course different from my 5 week Complete Presentation Skills Course? The 5 week course is my foundational course, appropriate if you’re a complete beginner to public speaking, and applicable to whatever type of speaking you need to do (even socially, e.g. a wedding). This ‘Influence and Persuade’ course is geared towards business and academic presentations, and builds on the 5 week course content. And while some elements overlap, particularly confidence-building tools – because they’re always worth further discussion and embedding – ‘Influence and Persuade’ has more focus on techniques to become persuasive and engaging.
My story. I really struggled with being in front of an audience: firstly in my original career as a Classical pianist, and then when I started to speak in public. I was truly awful: self-conscious, shaky, sometimes incoherent…and I suffered from mind-blanks. So I decided to learn what works – initially to overcome my anxiety, and ultimately to find out how to speak with authority and presence. And I’m not special: I just learned the tools and practised them. You can do this too.
Overall workshop benefits. Your competence as a speaker is a major gateway to influence, impact, increased profits, higher income. You’ll have less stress, less wasted time and energy – and greater job satisfaction and peace of mind. Come along with your own prepared talk so you can practise it and be coached on what’s most important to you. You can extend your comfort zone in a safe space where you can try the new, proven techniques – and receive feedback, encouragement and support.
Workshop Uniqueness. All of this took me years to learn; you can come along for one day and implement this valuable information.
Plus there’s my 100% money back guarantee. If the day isn’t for you, ask for your money back, no questions asked.
So come to the Influence and Persuade Your Audience Course in Sydney or Brisbane (Melbourne will be later in the year), and learn how to have greater influence and power as a speaker. Book now by clicking on the full payment or 3 instalment buttons at the top or bottom of this page. I look forward to working with you.
Some client comments:
“Sarah provided my team with practical, useful tools to overcome nerves, improve their speaking skills and engage their audience. She created a warm, dynamic atmosphere which encouraged sharing of ideas and goals. Sarah provided specific, useful feedback for each participant, and was flexible in tailoring her training to the needs of the group as they progressed.
I would highly recommend Sarah, and would use her services again without hesitation. She gets great results, is personable, and expert at what she does.” – Helen Boileau, Director of Legal Network. Legal Recruitment Specialists.
“The techniques and the facts behind the them really provides support and belief. Sarah’s training: very good – very interesting. No boring bits!” – Liam Moir, IT problem manager at Superpartners
“Sarah’s in-house presentation was exactly what we were looking for. Our team are experienced presenters and trainers but were looking to identify areas we could improve and help the team transition into the online space of webinars and video conferencing. Sarah’s easy presentation style suited our group perfectly.” – Judy Kynaston, General Manager, Early Childhood Australia
Last year I was overseeing the management of a group of 20 projects for a large Melbourne-based company. Sarah was engaged to improve the presentation skills of Project Managers who were expected to present their progress to the CEO and senior board members regularly, and felt unprepared for the task ahead of them. She came into the group, quickly established rapport with all the staff and was able to assist them in a very short timeframe. There was noticeable improvement in the way the staff presented themselves and their confidence grew rapidly.
We felt very privileged to have been able to work with Sarah and I believe that the skills each person gained will stand them in good stead in many roles throughout their careers.” – Lynette Jordan, ICS Pty Ltd
‘Sarah Denholm was the guest speaker at the Whitehorse Business Group’s ”Speaking for Business” Seminar. Sarah led a very interesting and informative session that received an overwhelmingly positive response from our guests. Her presentation was well summed-up by one guest, who said that Sarah “certainly practices what she preaches”. We would highly recommend Sarah to any organisation interested in learning more about public speaking.’ – Amanda Paterson, Deputy Chair, Whitehorse Business Group
“Very useful, practical and interesting information. Hearing Sarah’s own experience created trust and, from my observations, gave the group, including myself, a sense that Sarah really did understand each persons fears and insecurities when it came to public performance. This, combined with the simple, effective physical tools and other tips resulted in a very comprehensive and effective presentation. Would recommend Sarah highly.” – Centro Retail participant